Indulge in the irresistible flavors of our simple roast pork leg. This classic dish is a perfect balance of bold flavors, crispy crackling, and tender, succulent meat. Prepare to be amazed as the aroma fills your kitchen and the taste delights your senses. A truly satisfying and comforting meal that will leave you craving for more.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes | Cook Time: 130 Minutes | Serves: 8
1 1/2 kg pork leg roast
1 tbsp salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 clove garlic, minced
3 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp light brown sugar
1 small birdseye green chilli, finely chopped
2 tbsp Honey
- Preheat oven to 150°C
- Pat dry pork leg, and brush 1 tsp of vinegar over the skin. Rub salt and pepper all over the pork.
- Place it on a baking rack in a baking tray, and bake in the oven for 1.5 hours.
- Take the pork leg out of the oven, brush it with 2 tbsp of oil.
- Turn up the heat to 250°C and bake the pork leg for another 25 mins, until the skin is puffy and looks crackled.
- When it is out of the oven, cover with foil and rest for 10 mins.
- Stir the rest of the vinegar, chill, honey, brown sugar and garlic together in a small saucepan, bring it to a boil and serve with the cooked pork.