Savour the essence of summer with our Fresh Peach Cake. This moist and tender delight features layers of soft cake enveloping juicy peach slices, topped with a buttery cinnamon streusel. Perfectly balanced sweetness makes each bite a celebration of the season. Enjoy it as a decadent dessert or a delightful breakfast treat. Share the joy of summer with every slice.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 45 minutes Servings: 12-16 slices
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3-4 fresh peaches, peeled, pitted, and sliced
For the Streusel Topping:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, alternating with the sour cream. Begin and end with the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Spread half of the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Arrange the sliced peaches over the batter in the pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the streusel topping ingredients (brown sugar, flour, butter, and cinnamon) until crumbly. Sprinkle half of the streusel over the peaches.
- Carefully spread the remaining batter over the peaches and top with the remaining streusel.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for about 15 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice and serve. Enjoy your delicious Fresh Peach Cake!