Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Avocados
Prep Time: 15 Minutes | Cook Time: 10 Minutes | Serves: 2 people
- 2 large avocados
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/4 cup Frank’s RedHot sauce (adjust according to your spice preference)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Slice the avocados in half, remove the pits, and carefully scoop out some of the flesh from the center of each avocado half to create a larger cavity for the stuffing. Set the scooped avocado flesh aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the shredded rotisserie chicken, Frank’s RedHot sauce, melted butter, jalapeno, green onions, celery, and shredded cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Spoon the buffalo chicken mixture into the hollowed-out avocado halves, filling them generously.
- Place the stuffed avocados on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the filling is heated through.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool slightly before serving.
- Serve the buffalo chicken stuffed avocados as a delicious appetizer or a light main course.
- Enjoy the spicy and savory combination of buffalo chicken and creamy avocado!
Note: You can garnish the stuffed avocados with additional chopped green onions, diced tomatoes, or crumbled blue cheese before serving if desired.