These zucchini-stuffed tomatoes with rosemary offer a flavorful and aromatic twist on a classic dish, perfect for any meal occasion!
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Total Time: 40 minutes Servings: 4
- 4 large ripe tomatoes
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- Fresh rosemary sprigs for garnish
- Extra feta cheese for serving
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Prepare the Tomatoes: Cut the tops off the tomatoes and carefully scoop out the pulp and seeds, leaving the tomato shells intact. Be gentle not to tear the tomatoes. You can use a small spoon or a melon baller for this.
- Prepare the Filling: In a mixing bowl, combine the grated zucchini, crumbled feta cheese, finely chopped fresh rosemary, minced garlic, salt, and black pepper. Mix everything together until it’s well combined.
- Stuff the Tomatoes: Fill each hollowed-out tomato with the zucchini mixture, ensuring it’s packed in well. Place the stuffed tomatoes in a baking dish.
- Top with Breadcrumbs: Drizzle a little olive oil over the top of each stuffed tomato and sprinkle breadcrumbs evenly over them. This will give the dish a nice crispy top.
- Bake: Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes or until the tomatoes are tender, and the tops are golden brown.
- Garnish and Serve: Once the tomatoes are cooked, remove them from the oven. Garnish with fresh rosemary sprigs and an extra sprinkle of feta cheese if desired.
- Serve: Enjoy your zucchini-stuffed tomatoes with rosemary as a delicious appetizer, side dish, or a light main course. They are best enjoyed while still warm.