This delicious and spicy pasta dish features succulent King Prawns cooked in a rich tomato and garlic sauce. The prawns are first sautéed with garlic, onion, and chili flakes, and then simmered in a tomato sauce with basil and oregano. The linguini is cooked until al dente and then added to the sauce, where it soaks up all the flavors of the prawns and the aromatic sauce. This recipe is easy to make and perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or a special occasion.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes | Cook Time: 20 Minutes | Serves: 4
- 400g linguini
- 500g prawns, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Cook the linguini according to the package instructions in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente.
- While the pasta cooks, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic, onion, and chilli to the skillet and cook until softened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the prawns to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, until they turn pink.
- Add the paprika to the skillet and stir well to combine.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes and white wine and stir to combine.
- Add salt and pepper to the skillet and stir again.
- Simmer the sauce for 5-10 minutes, until it has thickened slightly.
- Drain the cooked linguini and add it to the skillet with the sauce.
- Toss the pasta and sauce together until the pasta is well coated with the sauce.
- Sprinkle fresh parsley over the top of the pasta and serve hot.