Prep Time: 20 Minutes | Cook Time: 20 Minutes | Makes 4 Burgers
For the Beef Patties:
- 450g premium beef mince
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 hamburger buns
For the Toppings:
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 8 slices streaky bacon
- 4 slices cheddar cheese (optional)
- Lettuce leaves
- Pickles (optional)
For the Burger Sauce:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare the Burger Sauce:
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, ketchup, yellow mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Cook the Bacon:
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon slices and cook until they are crispy and browned, about 5-7 minutes per side. Place the cooked bacon on a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess grease.
3. Prepare the Beef Patties:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Gently mix the ingredients until just combined, being careful not to overwork the meat. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and shape them into burger patties, slightly larger than the size of your burger buns.
4. Cook the Beef Patties:
- Preheat your grill or stovetop skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the beef patties for about 3-4 minutes per side for medium-rare, or adjust the cooking time to your desired level of doneness. If you like your burgers with cheese, place a slice of cheddar cheese on each patty during the last minute of cooking.
5. Assemble the Burgers:
- Spread a generous amount of the burger sauce on the bottom half of each toasted bun.
- Place a lettuce leaf on top of the sauce.
- Add a beef patty (with or without cheese) on top of the lettuce.
- Layer with tomato slices, onions, and bacon.
- Top with the other half of the bun.
- Serve your homemade bacon, onion, and tomato beef burgers immediately, optionally with pickles on the side.
Enjoy your delicious homemade burger with the perfect combination of flavors and textures!