Dip into Easter with this classic and delicious seafood cocktail sauce with a little kick. A tasty bbq entree with only 4 simple ingredients and no cooking required.
A perfect recipe for any variety of prawns including king, green or Thai prawns.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes | Serves: 6
24 cooked large prawns, peeled leaving tails intact
1/2 cup cream
1/4 cup good quality tomato sauce
1 lemon ( fresh lemon juice)
- Peel your prawns by removing the head and shell. Leaving the tail intact is optional.
- To make the cocktail sauce, combine the cream, tomato sauce and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Taste and season with sea salt and pepper (you can add a splash of Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco if you have them for additional flavour).
- Fill a round serving bowl three-quarters with crushed ice. Drape the prawns all around its lip so the tail is pointing to the centre of the bowl.
- Into the middle of the dish, nestled into the ice, place the Seafood Sauce. Garnish with wedges of lemon and Serve immediately.