This creamy decadent dessert is the perfect sweet treat for Easter.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes | Cook Time: 6 Hours | Serves: 6
10 Community Co Hot Cross Buns, cut in half lengthwise
380 g Black and Gold cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup caster sugar
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups Black and Gold thickened cream, whipped
1 punnet of raspberries
1/2 cup mixed berry coulis, as garnish (optional)
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add the lemon, vanilla and beat until combined. Fold through the whipped cream.
- Line the base as well as the sides of a round springform tin with baking paper.
- Place the bottom layer of hot cross buns on the base, then top with raspberries.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over to the raspberries then smooth out with a palette knife until it is even. Place the tops of the hot cross buns on top of the cream cheese layer, then gently press down.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 6 hours or until cheesecake has set.
- When ready to serve, remove the cheesecake out of the springform tin onto a serving platter and drizzle the coulis on top.