These mummy hot dogs are not only budget-friendly but also a hit with both kids and adults. They make for a fun and spooky addition to your Halloween celebration. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 5 Minutes | Cook Time: 5 Minutes | Serves 4
- 1 can of refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 8 hot dogs
- Mustard or ketchup (for eyes)
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven: Preheat your oven according to the crescent roll dough package instructions.
- Prepare the hot dogs: If your hot dogs are longer than you’d like, you can cut them in half to make them bite-sized for the mummies.
- Unroll the dough: Open the can of crescent roll dough and carefully unroll it. You should have a sheet of dough with perforations.
- Cut the dough: Use a knife to cut the dough into thin strips. These strips will be used to wrap the hot dogs and create the mummy’s bandages.
- Wrap the hot dogs: Take one strip of dough and wrap it around a hot dog. Leave a small gap near the top to create a space for the mummy’s eyes. Continue wrapping until the hot dog is mostly covered. Leave a small gap at the bottom for the mummy’s “feet.”
- Bake: Place the wrapped hot dogs on a baking sheet that has been lightly greased with cooking spray. Bake in the preheated oven according to the crescent roll dough package instructions or until the dough is golden brown and the hot dogs are heated through.
- Create the eyes: Once the mummy hot dogs have cooled slightly, use mustard or ketchup to create eyes in the gap you left near the top of each hot dog. You can make them as spooky or silly as you like!
- Serve: Arrange your mummy hot dogs on a serving platter, and they’re ready to be devoured by your Halloween party guests