Enjoy these crispy, homemade Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries as a healthier alternative to traditional French fries. They’re perfect as a snack or a tasty side dish!
Prep Time: 7 Minutes | Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (optional, for added flavor)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional, for a bit of heat)
- Cooking spray (for greasing the baking sheet)
- Preheat the Oven:
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). Place the rack in the center position.
- Prepare the Sweet Potatoes:
- Wash and peel the sweet potatoes. Cut them into evenly-sized matchsticks or wedges. Try to make them as uniform as possible for even cooking.
- Dry and Season:
- Pat the sweet potato fries dry with a clean kitchen towel to remove excess moisture.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sweet potato fries with olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika (if using), garlic powder (if using), and cayenne pepper (if using). Toss until the fries are evenly coated with the seasonings.
- Arrange on a Baking Sheet:
- Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray to prevent sticking. Arrange the seasoned sweet potato fries in a single layer on the baking sheet. Ensure they are not overcrowded to allow for even browning.
- Bake in the Oven:
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for 20-30 minutes, flipping the fries halfway through. Bake until they are crispy and golden brown. The exact cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of your fries, so keep an eye on them.
- Serve Hot:
- Once the sweet potato fries are done, remove them from the oven and let them cool slightly before serving.
- Optional Dipping Sauces:
- Serve your Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries hot with your choice of dipping sauces, such as ketchup, aioli, ranch dressing, or a spicy sriracha mayo.