Our savoury recipe for Roasted Garlic with Salt, Pepper, Thyme, and Olive Oil in a Cast Iron Skillet is a flavour explosion you won’t want to miss! Spread it on crusty bread, mix it into sauces, or toss it with roasted vegetables for an unforgettable culinary experience. Get ready to savour the rich, irresistible taste of roasted garlic perfection.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes | Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- 4 whole garlic bulbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh thyme sprigs
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Take 4 whole garlic bulbs and remove any loose outer layers, keeping each bulb intact.
- Place a cast iron skillet over medium heat on the stovetop. Add the olive oil and allow it to heat up.
- Once the oil is hot, carefully place the 4 whole garlic bulbs, cut side down, into the skillet.
- Sear the garlic for about 2-3 minutes until the cut sides turn golden brown. This step enhances the flavor of the roasted garlic.
- Remove the skillet from the heat. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the garlic bulbs, ensuring they are evenly seasoned.
- Add a few fresh thyme sprigs to the skillet, tucking them around the garlic bulbs.
- Transfer the skillet with the garlic to the preheated oven.
- Roast the garlic for approximately 35-40 minutes or until the cloves become soft and tender.
- Once roasted, carefully remove the skillet from the oven. Let the garlic bulbs cool slightly before handling.
- To serve, squeeze the roasted garlic cloves out of their skins onto bread, roasted vegetables, or any dish of your choice. The garlic will be incredibly fragrant and infused with the flavors of thyme, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Roasted garlic with salt, pepper, thyme, and olive oil in a cast iron skillet creates a delightful combination of flavors. It’s perfect for spreading on crusty bread, mixing into sauces, or incorporating into roasted vegetable dishes. Enjoy the aromatic and delicious roasted garlic creation made with 4 whole garlic bulbs!