Indulge in the mouthwatering delight of Easy Smoked Salmon Patties! These irresistible patties boast a perfect balance of smoky, flaked salmon, fragrant fresh dill, and a zesty burst of tangy lemon zest.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes | Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- 350g smoked salmon, flaked
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (for frying)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the smoked salmon, breadcrumbs, red onion, fresh dill, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, lemon zest, beaten eggs, salt, and pepper. Mix well until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Take a handful of the salmon mixture and shape it into a patty, about 3 inches in diameter. Repeat with the remaining mixture to make additional patties.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Carefully place the salmon patties into the skillet and cook for about 3-4 minutes per side, or until they are golden brown and crispy. Flip them gently using a spatula to avoid breaking them.
- Once cooked, transfer the patties to a plate lined with paper towels to drain any excess oil.
- Serve the smoked salmon patties warm as a main course or as a delicious addition to salads or sandwiches. You can also serve them with a side of tartar sauce, lemon wedges, or your favorite dipping sauce.
Enjoy your easy and flavorful smoked salmon patties!