Deliciously Simple: Homemade Bolognese Sauce with Barilla Spaghetti – A Taste of Italy in Every Bite!
Prep Time: 15 Minutes | Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- 225 grams Barilla spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 500 grams ground beef mince
- 1 can (400 grams) crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional, for serving)
- Fresh basil leaves, chopped (optional, for garnish)
- Cook the Barilla spaghetti according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, carrot, and celery. Sauté for about 5 minutes until the vegetables are softened.
- Add the ground beef to the skillet and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until browned and cooked through.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, dried basil, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper. Reduce the heat to low and let the sauce simmer for about 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Serve the cooked spaghetti on plates or bowls and top with the bolognese sauce. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese (if desired) and garnish with fresh basil leaves.