This comforting dish combines rich flavors and textures, perfect for a satisfying meal. Serve over pasta or with crusty bread for an irresistible treat.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes | Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- 500g ground beef mince
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (400g) crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- a large bowl, combine the ground beef mince, chopped onion, minced garlic, breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, chopped parsley, beaten egg, salt, and pepper. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Shape the mixture into small meatballs, about 1-1.5 inches in diameter. Place them on a baking sheet or a plate and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the meatballs to the skillet and cook until browned on all sides, about 5-7 minutes. Remove the meatballs from the skillet and set them aside.
- In the same skillet, add the crushed tomatoes, dried basil, dried oregano, and sugar. Stir well to combine. Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C
- Place the meatballs in an oven-safe dish and pour the tomato sauce over them. Sprinkle the grated mozzarella cheese on top.
- Place the dish in the preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
- Serve the beef mince meatballs with tomato and cheese sauce over cooked pasta, rice, or with crusty bread. Enjoy!
This recipe yields approximately 4 servings. Feel free to adjust the quantities according to your preferences.