A beautiful simple salad that can be served warm or cold and uses all parts of the beetroot.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes | Cook Time: 45 Minutes | Serves: 4
1 bunch fresh beetroot, roughly 4-5 medium beets
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 red onion, cut into wedges
400 g no added salt canned lentils, drained and rinsed
1 cup beetroot leaves
1 cup baby spinach
100 g goats cheese
extra virgin olive oil for cooking
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Rinse and scrub beetroots, and place in a baking tray with ½ cup of water and cover with foil and bake for 40-50 minutes until tender.
- Peel beetroot when cool, and cut into wedges, season and add red wine vinegar and a drizzle of olive oil.
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, add a drizzle of olive oil and red onion, cook for 2-3 minutes then add the lentils and 2 tablespoons of water. Add the beetroot leaves and spinach and cook until wilted. Remove from heat.
- To assemble, place lentils and greens on a serving plate, scatter beetroot wedges and dressing all over, and top with crumbled goats cheese.